*4 medium sized Zucchinis
* 3 bright red juicy Tomatoes
*Salt & Pepper
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*Parmesan Cheese (can be powdered kind)
* Shredded Mozz. cheese
* Chicken breast strips or boneless skinless thighs
1) Saute’ in a large skillet or large frying pan, EV olive oil with chopped onion & zucchini sliced thin. Saute’ it until soft, but not squishy.
2) Generously add salt, pepper and a dash or two of oregano and a couple shakes of dried basil
3) Put zucc. mixture into large baking dish (I use a glass pyrex 9X13) with small slices of raw tomato layered on top
4) then on this sprinkle w/ Parm cheese and then sprinkle the mozz. cheese on top of that (desired amount)
5) Saute the chicken on high temp. until golden brown in the pan that you just emptied the onion/zuch. out of. Nestle the chicken in the stuff that s already in the cass. dish. Sprinkle some more of the cheeses over top. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350* for 20 – 30 minutes.
This will be very moist, with a brothy-soupy juice bubbling; but the flavor is so fresh and delicious!! It would be good served sort of as a soup or you could serve it over pasta… Good to have french bread to dip into the extra juice!!