time to prepare:
– 5 minutes to stir up
(40 min. to bake)
(20 min. to cool)
– 5 min. to frost
– 1 pkg. DUNCAN HINES Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix
(yes, it really makes a difference in flavor and texture, so use *this* brand and flavor variety)
(and the cake mix calls for 3 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1-1/3 cups water)
– 2/3 cup chocolate chips
GANACHE (fancy, fudgy frosting/glaze)
– 2 TBSP. real butter (not margarine)
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Grease WELL a fluted bundt pan.
2. Make cake according to pkg. directions. Just before pouring into bundt pan, stir in 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
3. Bake according to pkg. directions.
4. When slightly cooked, invert pan onto serving plate. Let cool.
GANACHE (fudgy frosting/glaze)
5. In saucepan over low heat, melt butter and 1 cup chocolate chips, gently whisking.
6. When just melted, whisk in vanilla.
7. With knife make pretty, swirly motions back and forth to “frost” just the top of the bundt cake with the “ganache” (fudgy frosting).
8. When the ganache has hardened, cover completely to prevent cake from drying out.