1c Cranberries, fresh; chopped (I use my food processor)
1/2c Pears; peeled, chopped (I use one can, drained, save liquid)
1T Dried Currants (can use raisins, or omit
1/4tsp Pumpkin pie spice
3T reserved pear juice
2T Red wine vinegar
2tsp Lemon juice
15oz Brie round (or 2 – 8oz rounds)
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring mix to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until mix is thickened, stirring frequently. Cool mix to room temperature.
3. Scrape, using a spoon, a circle in the top rind of cheese, leaving an 1/4″ border of rind.
4. Place Brie on an ovenproof serving platter. Spread cranberry mix over top.
5. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately with melba rounds, crackers, bread, etc.