You can use real sausages or vegetarian.
- Preheat the oven to hot
- Boil seven medium sized peeled potatoes.
- Meanwhile simmer puy/brown lentils until soft
- Meanwhile fry two or three onions on a medium heat until transparent
- Fry a couple of sausages per person
- Mix all the ingredients except the potatoes and add your favourite seasoning/stock cube/ gravy until it resembles a ‘ground beef’ consistency
- Lay this mixture at the base of your largest casserole dish
- Mash the potatoes, add a teaspoon of salt, and spread these over the top
- Fluff the potatoes up with a fork and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese and add blobs of butter
- Put in the oven until the top looks nicely browned
DH or yourself can add pepper/ chilli sauce at the plate